Sunday, October 19, 2014

Review: The Last Policeman

The Last PolicemanThe Last Policeman by Ben H. Winters
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

An asteroid is going to hit the earth in a few months, and everyone knows it. What is the purpose of continuing to do your job? Detective Palace moves ahead anyway investigating the case before him. The unravelling of that mystery takes him along a twisty path through the Concord, NH area.
Palace is an intriguing and well-drawn character and the details of Concord are mostly accurate. (You cannot buy liquor at the corner store in NH.) I enjoyed this novel and the conclusion of the case was well done. I will definitely read the rest of this trilogy.
This is my fourth book for R.I.P. IX.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...