Monday, September 28, 2015

Review: Where I Belong

Where I BelongWhere I Belong by Alan Doyle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was an interesting book about the early life of Newfoundland musician Alan Doyle (of Great Big Sea). Doyle and I are the same age, but our childhoods could not have been more different.  I never cut the tongue out of a Cod, and am hoping to keep it that way. Doyle is a great story teller and I was fascinated by the life he lived and his perspective on Catholicism made a lot of sense to me. (It does seem like trying to understand stuff about your religion should be encouraged, not punished). 

I have seen Great Big Sea perform here in New Hampshire (where I live) a couple of times, so this book qualifies not only as a Canadian Book Challenge title, but also meets the September mini-challenge to read "a book written by a musician from your home province. If you do not live in Canada, by a Canadian musician who has performed in your current country."

Lisa reviewed this book last year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...