Thursday, September 15, 2016

Lisa's Review: The Brutal Telling

The Brutal Telling by Louise Penny

My Rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the fifth novel in the Chief Inspector Gamache series. This book starts with a secretive late night meeting of one of this series' regulars, Olivier, at the mysterious Hermits' cottage deep in the woods where a story of chaos is being told (much like an eerie campfire story). The next morning, the Hermit is found murdered in Olivier & Gabri's bistro, leaving many questions...Who was this man? Who knew him? What was he doing in Three Pines?

This book had more of an ominous feeling all of the way through than the others in this series so far, and certainly kept me turning the pages. All of the regular characters from the prior books make an appearance, and are becoming more developed.

I can't say I necessarily loved how this one ended, but I have a feeling there may be more to this story in the next book.

This is my second book read for the 10th Annual Canadian Book Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...