Friday, January 31, 2014

Review: No. 9 Belmont Square

No. 9 Belmont SquareNo. 9 Belmont Square by Margaret Erskine

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a good solid mystery novel. The characters were interesting, the crime and its solution were dealt with fairly by the author and there was enough of a puzzle to it to keep the pages turning. I would definitely read more by Margaret Erskine.

This book was my chosen prize for completing 16+ books in the 2013 Vintage Mysteries Challenge. (Thanks Bev!) I chose this book because I had never read this author and because it counts towards the Canadian Book Challenge. Margaret Erskine, not to be confused with Lady Margaret Erskine, was born in Ontario. There is an excellent profile of her on Femmes Fatales.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed this! I just finished rereading it. It had been so long since the first time that it was like reading a completely new book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...