Sunday, March 2, 2014

Review: The Dead in their Vaulted Arches

The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches (Flavia de Luce, #6)The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches
by Alan Bradley

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have really enjoyed this series, and this book was no exception. The character of Flavia de Luce is wonderfully written and the book is filled with sly philosophical observations which is part of the fun of reading this series. This installment didn't have a mystery to be solved in the same way that earlier books did, and there was a distinct spy novel element to it that had not been part of the earlier books to this great an extent. The series seems to be turning in an entirely new direction, but the characters are so intriguing that I'm excited to follow along.

This book, because the author is Canadian, counts toward the Canadian Book Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Great review. I enjoyed this novel too. I have been surprised at how involved I have gotten in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this one too -- a great summary of all the issues in the series so far. Flavia is such a wonderful character, you can't help but want to know how she's doing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...